Thursday, October 3, 2013

Why Alpaca?

This is my favorite time of year, when there is a chill in the air...yes, a chill...even in Los Angeles!  There is nothing I love better than cozying up on the couch at night with an old movie, my cat, and a cup of tea!



I am super excited to have these yummy, soft and warm Alpaca throws in my shop.  Why Alpaca?

1.   Hypo-allergenic
2.   Doesn't itch or irritate your skin
3.   Light weight and warm
4.   Eco friendly
5.   Beautiful natural colors (and natural dyes)
6.   Excellent breathability
7.   Easy to maintain (can be hand washed)
8.   Durable.
9.  Is considered by some to be a higher quality than Cashmere
10.YUMMY!





To really appreciate the process of these fine weaving's,  I am going to treat you to a visual journey to Peru, so you can see the gifted artisans in their element...

Very cute Alpaca in their natural and BEAUTIFUL environment.

                                                            The spinning process
 
The dying process 


The gathering and winding process

The weaving process





No comments: